Do you want to get a residence permit in Kuwait? You can opt for the services offered by our immigration lawyers in Kuwait and choose the simple way, avoiding complexities in terms of formalities. In the following lines, you can find out information about the Kuwaiti residence permit, which procedures must be followed, and how you can be helped by a team of specialists, such as our lawyers in Kuwait.
Table of Contents
Formalities for obtaining a residence permit in Kuwait
A Kuwaiti residence permit is necessary for those who want to move to this country. Here is what you should know about this type of permit, specifying that you can always contact our immigration lawyers in Kuwait:
- Work visas (Iqama) and residence permits can be issued at the same time for foreigners who accept jobs in the public and private sectors in Kuwait.
- The employing company acts as a sponsor and can apply for a residence permit in Kuwait for the person in question.
- Applications for Kuwaiti residence permits are made at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor and are issued by the Immigration & Passport Department. It is also valid for iqama renewal in Kuwait or a Kuwaiti family residence visa.
- With the help of our lawyers in Kuwait, you can complete the formalities required by the authorities. For example, you must obtain the document called NOC or No Objection Certificate, issued by the Criminal Investigation department in Kuwait.
- Certain medical tests are required, which involve chest x-ray, for tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, etc.
- Foreigners who want to obtain a residence permit in Kuwait must register with the local authorities upon arrival in the country. Their fingerprints are also requested, as security clearance.
You can opt for the services of our specialists if you want to apply for a Kuwaiti residence permit. Also, if you are interested in company formation in Kuwait, we are at your disposal with support regarding the formalities and procedures involved.
Immigration to Kuwait – Eligibility requirements for residency
Among the eligibility criteria for obtaining a residence permit in Kuwait are the following aspects:
- The passport must have a validity of at least 2 years from the arrival in Kuwait.
- Entry to Kuwait is done with a valid entry permit, then applying for a work and residence permit in Kuwait.
- If necessary, other documents can be requested.
We recommend that those interested in immigration to Kuwait ask for specialized help. Residency in Kuwait can be obtained quite easily if you have specialized legal advice at hand. Instead of dealing with possible errors related to documents, it is best to have a team by your side to handle the formalities for Kuwaiti residence permit.
Why immigrate to Kuwait?
There are many reasons to relocate to Kuwait, and among them, multiple business opportunities, a high level of wages, economic development, and of course high standard of living. Here are some statistical data about immigration to Kuwait:
- According to UN Migration, around 70% of the population is represented by immigrants from Arab countries, Asia and Africa.
- According to data for 2023, the current net migration rate is approximately 3.186 per 1000 population.
- In 2022, around 4.499 per 1000 population was the net migration rate in Kuwait.
Therefore, those who want to obtain a Kuwaiti residence permit or a Kuwaiti family residence visa can opt for the services offered by our specialists. Our law firm in Kuwait will be at your disposal with personalized legal services, including for those interested in opening a company in Kuwait, so contact us at any time.